Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Review: Morning's Journey

Morning's Journey Morning's Journey by Kim Iverson Headlee
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Morning's Journey by Kim Iverson Headlee is the second book in The Dragon's Dove Chronicles. After reading the first book in this series, I was excited to read Morning's Journey. I was a bit disappointed with the ending of this book. There are several situations in this story that weren't resolved. When there are only two books in a series, I feel things should be wrapped up in the second book. Other than that, Kim's writing is extremely good, it has a consistent pace, and the character development is great. But because of the lack of conclusions to some of the plights that were against some of the characters, I give this book three stars.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I sense your frustration. Regardless of how a story may end, I always like good closure. This one seems like it could use a few more chapters, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most definitely. I've heard from other reviewers that the story is continued in novelettes. If that's the case, it shouldn't be advertised as two of two books. You would think that if there are more books to this story it would state three of four or two of three, etc. Very disappointing for such a wonderful writer. It must be a publishing ploy of some sort. I can't imagine a writer of Kim's caliber writing in such a way. Very sad indeed.

    ReplyDelete