Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Review: Forge: Dawn of Trials

Forge: Dawn of Trials Forge: Dawn of Trials by C S Cobb
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Forge: Dawn of Trials by C S Cobb is a coming of age story of Forge and his rite of passage ritual in the Cave of Trials.

This story has potential, but the execution left a lot to be desired. I felt as though the author was writing to middle grade children for several chapters, then suddenly writing to very young children, then back to middle grade kids. The tone of the writing was very inconsistent. The characters could have been better fleshed out. There were several grammatical errors, which interfered with my reading flow. There is a bit of a cliff-hanger, which wasn't too bad since the author gave clues that there would be such an ending. Overall, I feel this book is geared towards children 9-12.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment