Saturday, July 22, 2017

Review: 2084

2084 2084 by Mason Engel
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

2084 by Mason Engel is a futuristic novel where the populous wears "lenses" instead of using computers.

The main character, Vincent, has other ideas about what the "lenses" are for.

When I read the Goodreads blurb, I thought this was going to be an intriguing story. The concept is intriguing, but the execution fell flat. This book starts off strong, but towards the middle, I feel, the author was in too big of a hurry to get to the climax of the story. The writing wasn't as engaging, and there were more grammatical errors that threw me off my reading flow.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Yikes, it is also hard for me to enjoy a book fully when I encounter writing errors. I'm sure I have plenty of errors, but I don't have an editor. =)

    Lonna @ FLYLēF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't might a few errors, but when I have to stop reading, then reread it again, there is a problem. I was rather disappointed, to say the least.

      Delete