Tuesday, June 12, 2018

The Deciding Book

A few days ago I was torn between two books. "Which should I read first?" I asked myself that question several times. Well, I tried both. 

The first was Lunora and the Monster King by H.S. Crow


After 5% into the book, I knew it wasn't for me. It's written like a play with the description of the characters at the beginning of the book. Then it tells us what said person is doing (i.e. laughing, crying), then we get a few words of dialogue. The chapters are acts, and very boring acts I might add. Unfortunately, this is not what I had in mind for an enjoyable fantasy novel. 

The second book was Stryke First: A Comic Fantasy by Kevin Partner


After 5% of this book, I also knew this wasn't for me. I kept anticipating the comedy, but I never found any.

So, after not getting past the 5% in both books I decided to DNF them. Now that I'm older, I'm quick to DNF a book. Life is too short to read books that do not catch my interest, though that is not to say that someone else might not enjoy these books.

The book that has gotten my attention, and I will definitely finish is: 

The Chalk Man by C.J. Tudor



So far, so good! I can't wait to finish this book!

Have a wonderful day, my Lovelies! 




No comments:

Post a Comment