Monday, September 24, 2018

Review: The Temple of the Mad God

The Temple of the Mad God The Temple of the Mad God by Martyn Stanley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Temple of the Mad God by Martyn Stanley is the fifth installment of the Deathsworn Arc series. The Temple of the Mad God picks up where the last book, Rise of the Archmage, left off. We follow the champions on their quest to enter Durgheim Holt, home of the dwarves.

Plot 5/5: The plot continues with each book in the series with the author touching upon previous events, which I love.

Characters 4/5: I've become invested in these characters, but there are a couple of characters whom I would like to see more character growth. Hopefully, this will happen in future books.

World building 5/5: I love the world Martyn Stanley has created. There are places that are beautiful, and places that are dangerous.

Pacing 5/5: The pacing is steady, with spurts of action.

Writing 4/5: Martyn's writing is greatly improving. I love to see an author mature in their writing. It's a treat in itself to witness such maturity.

Overall 4.6

I was given a copy of this book for free from the author. I chose to review this book on my own, and all opinions expressed are entirely my own.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment