Monday, October 1, 2018

Review: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs is the first book in the Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children series. Sixteen-year-old Jacob has questions after a family tragedy, which leads him to a remote island and to a ruined orphanage, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.

Plot 5/5: This is a most unusual and intriguing plot.

Characters 5/5: There were so many emotions that had me laughing, crying, and fearful for the characters throughout the story.

World building 5/5: Incredible world building between the present and the past.

Pacing 5/5: The pacing was steady, and kept me enthralled throughout the story.

Writing 5/5: The writing is beautiful, and with the addition of the vintage photographs, it made the story even more believable.

Overall 5/5

I thoroughly enjoyed this story and I'm eagerly anticipating what happens next to the peculiar children!

Borrowed from my local library.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment