Saturday, February 23, 2019

Review: Vengeance of Hope: Can freedom ever be for all?

Vengeance of Hope: Can freedom ever be for all? Vengeance of Hope: Can freedom ever be for all? by P.J. Berman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Vengeance of Hope by P.J. Berman is the debut novel set in the world of
Bennvika. We follow three main characters, Silrith, a princess; Ezrina, a rebel; and a lesser noble, Zethun as they stand up to tyranny and religious persecution. Will they succeed?

I have to say, this is one of the best stories I have read featuring strong female characters. It was refreshing to read about a female character who is actually strong in the ways that women need to be strong. Standing up for what they believe in and fighting for what's right.

Berman doesn't sugarcoat things, and he gets right to the heart of the trials and tribulations that are happening in the world he has created. Berman's writing is such that we see the effects of tyranny and oppression as they happen. Seeing strong characters fighting for what's right had me on the edge of my seat, rooting for the good guys and gals. This is definitely a must read and I highly recommend it. It is not for the faint of heart, though. It takes strong people to fight such actions and these characters definitely do that. I cannot wait to see what happens in the next installment, 'King of the Republic.'



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment