Friday, December 28, 2018

Review: Paragon

Paragon Paragon by C.F. Welburn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Paragon by C.F. Welburn is the final installment in The Ashen Levels Saga. We follow Balagir on his final journey for questions to be answered.

I loved this series so much and am not liking that it is over. Balagir is one of my favorite characters of all time from a new author, no less. The writing is superb, and the characters are very well fleshed out. The ending threw me for a loop, though. I definitely wasn't expecting this ending, but Welburn tied up everything, albeit a bit too tidy for me. I would have liked one more book (just one more, please?) added to this saga, but overall, it was a great way to end this series. I most definitely recommend this series. It has races that I have never heard of, which was a treat, and I can't say enough about Welburn's writing style.

I'm giving this book 4.5 stars because of the too tidy an ending, for me personally. Goodreads doesn't have the option of half stars, so I'm rounding up to a 5.

I'm looking forward to more stories from C.F. Welburn.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment