Monday, December 31, 2018

My Top Ten Books of 2018

I had a tough time deciding what books were my favorite for this year. I read quite a few decent traditionally published books, which is unusual for me. I finally decided on the following books. 


10.
Serafina and the Black Cloak by Robert Beatty


I really loved this story. It's a mystery, but also a story of acceptance and finding out who you are, where you're from, and where you fit in. 

You can read my more of my review here:



9.
Darkstorm by M.L. Spencer


M.L. Spencer's beautiful prose, world building, and character development breathe life into this tale of love, betrayal, determination, and intrigue.

You can read more of my review here:



8.
Ella Dethroned by Brandon Barr


Brandon's ability to bring his characters to life and bring out their emotions is what makes Brandon's writing intriguing and addicting. Brandon's ability to create worlds and take us on an engaging adventure is truly remarkable.

You can read more of my review here:



7.
Infestation by William Meikle


This story took me back to the B horror movies that I loved as a kid! Fantastic story, and I definitely recommend it! 

You can read more of my review here:



6.
The Chalk Man by C.J. Tudor


This is a horror mystery with so many twists and turns. It kept me engrossed.

You can read more of my review here:



5.
The Apples of Idunn by Matt Larkin


Excellent plot involving Odin of Norse mythology.

You can read more of my review here:



4.
Pursuit of Shadows by J.A. Andrews


Instead of your usual trope, J.A. has given us a story of one man's determination, and hope in finding his sister, therefore adding something new to the fantasy genre.

You can read more of my review here:



3.
Hero by C.F. Welburn


This is the best of the books, so far. There is more action than the other books, which was an unexpected treat!

You can read more of my review here:



2.
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs


The writing is beautiful, and with the addition of the vintage photographs, it made the story even more believable. 

You can read more of my review here:



1.
The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden


I have never heard any Russian fairy tales, so this was quite the treat.

You can read more of my review here:



I read some familiar authors and discovered new authors. I love discovering new authors. I hope you all can discover some new authors, too. I read some really good books this year and I hope to read more good books in 2019. As for my best of post, this was such a hard decision, but I did it. Feel free to give some of these authors a shot, if you haven't already. Wishing you all the best for your reading goals in 2019! Happy New Year and Happy Reading!













No comments:

Post a Comment