Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Review: Freaks of Nature

Freaks of Nature Freaks of Nature by Wendy Brotherlin
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Freaks of Nature by Wendy Brotherlin is not what I expected. Going by the blurb, it's a story about fifteen-year-old Devon McWilliams. He doesn't have the best psychic abilities, in his opinion, so he escapes from the psionic detainment facility. This book starts out strong for the first eleven pages. We meet Devon, we watch him escape, then he's caught. That is where the story stops being about Devon, for the most part. We're introduced to several characters, but Devon is no longer the main character. The execution of this story fell very flat for me. I never really got to know Devon, which was disheartening. The story is fairly well written, but not enough to redeem itself from the lack of story development. I won this book in a giveaway and all opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment