Thursday, June 14, 2018

Review: The Chalk Man

The Chalk Man The Chalk Man by C.J. Tudor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Chalk Man by C.J. Tudor is her debut novel about 12 year old Eddie and his group of friends, and the meeting of Mr. Halloran, the Chalk Man.

Plot 5/5: This is a horror mystery with so many twists and turns. It kept me engrossed.

Characters 5/5: The characters are well fleshed out. I loved getting to know the characters.

World building 4/5: The story goes back and forth from the present to 1986, when it all happened.

Pacing 4/5: The pace was steady.

Writing 4/5: There were a couple of errors, but did not in the least interfere with the flow of the story.

Overall: 4.4

I highly recommend this book to lovers of Stephen King stories.

Won in a blog giveaway at KissinBlueKaren for the January 2018 New Release #Giveaway Hop.

Thank you, Karen!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment